I’m sitting in a waiting room for my appointment with my Integrative Bodywork Therapist. For those of you unfamiliar with this term, she is a licensed Physical Therapist with lots of extra training in Body Energy . . . a great combination of traditional and new-thought therapeutics. My visits with her (when I am the patient) are much like taking your car in for a “body alignment” . . . very similar to a chiropractor, yet with slightly different intensive training.
I glance over at the single-panel promotional card which Davis Creative designed for her about a year ago, and the headline caught my eye . . . “balance, clarity, release” . . .
Yes . . . I originally selected the font, but as I’m reading it today, I saw, “balance, darity, release”.
DARITY? What the heck is DARITY?
So, I decided to have some fun while I was awaiting my appointment, and play with this new-found word so see what I could come up with.
If “Out of CHAOS Comes CLARITY,” then it only makes sense that “Out of CLARITY, Comes DARITY.”
I un-officially proclaim DARITY to be the essence of DARING! The feeling which follows clarity . . . right after the “AHA”!
With enlightenment, or DARITY, there is always a feeling of NEW ENERGY, a new purpose, a new direction.
DARING is quite the buzz-word as of late, gaining international notoriety when used by author Brene Brown in her highly-acclaimed book, “Daring Greatly.” We all want to feel DARING . . . and yes, we all want to wake up with DARITY!
So, if we break DARITY down into parts and pieces, and convert to an acronym (one of my favorite games), we get . . .
- D = Direction. Every great first-step begins with a direction in mind. What is the next best FEARLESS step you can take today to move in the direction of your BFA goals? (Hint: BFA is another acronym for Big Fat Azz.)
- A = Action. It’s great to identify where you want to go or what you want to do . . . but until you take ACTION, you haven’t actually made a commitment. Dare to take ACTION in the direction of your dreams.
- R = RESOLVE. A firmness of purpose . . . an absolute commitment to making it happen. Resolve provides the stamina to continue to take action AND move in a positive direction with DARITY.
- I = Intuition. Remember to listen to your gut . . . those voices in your head . . . the angels swirling around your shoulders . . . WHATEVER or WHOMEVER it is that fuels your spirituality and inspiration.
- T = Trust. This is a big one for me. I learned very long ago that TRUST is one of my life lessons for this time around. If you are like me, I’m learning to not only trust others and trust the process, but to trust myself. Take a chance. Dare to trust. Yourself.
- Y = YAHOO! Personally, I like to celebrate with a glass of Champagne . . . and friends . . . Strawberries dipped in dark chocolate are pretty good, also. But, remember to include the friends . . . your support team. They make it all worthwhile and are there when you need extra reminders to claim your DARITY.
Yep. That’s what we do.
We help you find your DARITY and help you push through to success.
Are you ready to claim your DARITY?
We Brand, We Design, We Publish.
We Take Your Business to the Next Level.
We help our clients write books, help more people, and make a difference on a daily basis.
How can we help you claim your DARITY?
- BELIEVE – I believe things will always turn out OK. When I was little, one of my nicknames was Pollyanna. I remember watching the movie as a child, and for those of you not old enough to remember the early 1960’s movie, Pollyanna was always somehow able to see the bright side of a bad situation.
- BREATHE – I feel myself taking a deep breath. It’s instinctual . . . I don’t recall anyone teaching me this. A deep breath clears my mind and allows me to zero-in on the “next best step” to take.
- BRAINSTORM – My brain kicks into “possibility mode”. I can almost feel the click of the switch as brain cells begin to activate, connect and conspire to find a solution. There may also be a bit of a swirling adrenaline rush . . . kind of like the thrill of hunting for a solution.
- BE the BALMY ELEPHANT – Be the CALMING ELEMENT. I learned long ago that if you add a crazy, out-of-control reaction to a crazy out-of-control situation, you only get a CRAZIER end-result. Avoid crazy at all cost.
- CREATES RELATIONSHIPS: Santa builds positive relationships across the globe; he attracts throngs of people who are willing to stand in line to meet and talk with him – if only for a few minutes.
- SERVES HIS COMMUNITY: Santa serves his “tribe” by offering a service unlike any other. He’s definitely not “in it” for the money, but more for the outcome – the feeling his followers receive when they interact with him. He has definitely earned the love and respect of customers AND his staff.
- BELIEVES IN HIS BUSINESS: Not only does Santa BELIEVE in his mission, but so do his followers. It’s all about offering a product or service which makes people happy – we are ALL attracted to people and things that make us happy. Santa consistently fulfills his positioning statement of Bringing Joy to the World.
- PLANS FOR SUCCESS: Nothing stops Santa – just remember Rudolph and the fog. Santa finds solutions. He’s a “can-do” kind of guy. The kind of guy you want at the reins of your business.
- BUILDS TRUST: Santa instills “trust” and “warm cozy feelings”. If you can’t trust Santa who can you trust? You’ve been telling him your heartfelt wishes since you were a kid. Santa listens and follows through on his commitments. He doesn’t over-promise, and always has a back-up option – just in case (toy recall).
- CROSS PROMOTES: Santa is everywhere. He graciously offers his positive brand to movies, car dealer ads, non-profit causes and more – all in the hopes of spreading goodwill and good cheer across the globe.
- STAYS FOCUSED: You don’t see Santa expanding his line of offerings beyond the aspect of “giving”. The downfall of such was creatively portrayed by Martin Short’s Jack Frost and Tim Allen’s Santa, in the “Santa Clause 3” movie, showing the negative impact of wandering off-target. Ultimately, “good” overcomes “evil” and the movie ends with the North Pole back to “normal” – back on target.
- SUSTAINS HIS IMAGE: Santa creates a positive response in the marketplace and emotes a distinct visual image which immediately comes to mind when his name is mentioned. Even with 100’s (if not 1000’s) of Santa likenesses seen around the world, we all have our favorite that comes to mind – white beard, red suit, and a wink of the eye.
- ADAPTS EASILY: It’s not everyone that can morph their body PLUS a 100-pound bag of toys small enough to fit down a chimney (and in some cultures through a keyhole). Knowing when and how to adapt to your customer’s needs – and a willingness to do so – always give you an edge with the competition.
- RISES ABOVE: Santa is basically one-of-a-kind, so rising above your competition is a piece of cake (or cookies and milk). Taking flight is easy when you keep your magic-sparkle flying dust handy. Markets change as often as the weather . . . being able to fly above a snowstorm or around lightning strikes allows Santa to deliver a solid brand – on time, on target and on budget.
Santa be without his LIST?
Much like our client, Latariss Williams, who knew a LOT about being a single parent and knew it was time to share that knowledge with others in her book, “S.P.I.L.L.: Single Parents Instilling Love & Legacy”. Through her experiences in raising her son, Latariss shares candid stories and provides practical guidance to help other single parents build strong relationships with their children and develop deep, lasting family values. You will be inspired to be intentional about pouring your love and your values into your children to strengthen your family. Click on the book image to order!
Not sure where to start?
We Brand, We Design, We Publish.
We Take Your Business to the Next Level.
I think we could all agree that we are living in an ever-changing world.
Some of us share opinions, and some of us disagree . . . yet thankfully, we live in a country where having one’s own opinion is still valued.
We have choices about how we react (or not) to what happens in our world. When it comes down to it, we are either part of the problem or part of the solution.
I choose to be part of the solution, and so do our clients. I choose to LiFT.
I’ve always considered our family to be multi-denominational and all-inclusive. The mixture of our bloodlines, adoptees, marital partners and significant others is pretty much representative of the United Nations.
The same goes for our client list. Our client base comes from all 50 states and 17 countries, and many of the clients we support are faith-based . . . yet not all are of the same faith. The one thing I see ALL of them having in common is the ability to LiFT in times of fear, anger and doubt.
I couldn’t ask for a better job than the one I’ve created for myself . . . to be involved with people who identify a problem and feel a need to step up and offer a solution. Working with our clients allows me to see magic happen on a daily basis!
Living in Faith and Trust. A great example of this is our client, Tyron Barrington . . . a fashion industry expert, a former Top Model Agent and now Fashion Producer and Casting Director for many recognizable big-name clients and brands. Tyron’s most recent book, “BARING Soles in FASHION: A Behind the Seams Look at Beauty and Fashion” is a parody about life in the fashion industry, as told by fashionable supermodel characters whose names reflect Fear, Doubt, Worry, and Faith. It is the story of one’s journey for the coveted cover of DREAM Magazine and the path of hope one follows. Is it the label (clothes) we wear — worn to impress others? . . . It is the make-up we choose to wear — concealing the truth of who we truly are? . . . Or is it the collection of designer bags we carry — ultimately weighing us down?
Tyron is also the President of MiFE & MiFE TALKS events, a non-profit organization mentoring teens and young adults entering the fashion & entertainment industry. More information about Tyron and his causes can be found HERE.
Thank you, Tryon, for making a difference as you LiFT the women of fashion and entertainment to new heights!
While settle for “ALMOST” when you can share the “UTMOST” message?!
Finding JOY beyond “ALMOST”
Why settle for ALMOST, when UTMOST makes us feel better and helps us stand out from the crowd?
I guess that’s what makes us different.
So, when you are ready to move from ALMOST into UTMOST . . . give me a call.
We Brand, We Design, We Publish.
We Help You Take Your Business to the Next Level.
So many people vying for attention right now. Some, for reasons no one will ever understand.
At times, it feels as if the veil of darkness, despair and depression calls to us and begs us to listen. The darkness can be overpowering, if we let it.
So, how does one respond? How does one turn off this darkness?
By turning on the light. By being your BRILLIANT SELF.
Esther Hicks talks about the dichotomy of “lightness” vs. “darkness” and reminds us that THERE IS NO DARK SWITCH. We don’t walk into a brightly-lit room and turn on the “dark switch.” Darkness is merely an illusion . . . the absence of lightness. I’m CONVINCED that the more of us who choose to SHINE and radiate positive energy, the more we’ll be able to dispel the darkness.
SO . . . How Many Life Coaches Do YOU Know?
I know several! I see it as no coincidence that the fields of Life Coaching and Business Coaching have taken off dramatically over the past decade . . . perhaps in response to the ever-increasing stress-levels of “LIFE.”
According to Forbes Magazine, personal coaching is a booming industry . . . a $1 billion a year industry in the USA alone. The coaching industry has expanding at such a rapid rate, with highly-trained professionals at-the-ready to help us all navigate out of the darkness . . . practically on every corner.
“Coaching is the second-fastest growing profession in the world, rivaled only by information technology… Coaching has evolved into a much more sophisticated profession based on knowledge and training from many other disciplines.” – Canada’s National Post, 2016
Ninety-PLUS percent of our clients are in what I call the “helping and healing” services field . . . mental health, physical health, financial health . . . and/or the health of a community, such as non-profits and organizations.
These therapists, life-coaches, medical professionals, educators and trainers, ALL seem to have all stepped forward simultaneously . . . almost like a “safety net” . . . to catch us as we begin to falter (or fall apart) during periods of high stress.
The other amazing statistic I heard this past week . . . “Only 10% of those who call themselves a Life Coach make over $10,000/year.” Of that 10%, the average income is $61,000.
SO . . . as a Life a Coach, How Do You Become Part of the 10%?
You Shine. You stand out. You get noticed.
That’s where we come in. We can help.
It’s our job to help you Look Good, Get Noticed, and learn to Monetize Your Passion.
We Brand, We Design, We Publish.
We Help You Shine!
We were craving Chinese food and our usual local favorite restaurant was under new ownership. The quality of the food had diminished drastically, and it was time to find a new favorite.
For several months, we have been asking friends and neighbors for suggestions. One, in particular, kept coming to the top of the referral list, so we decided we were ready for a new adventure. As we walked towards the restaurant from the parking lot, we could see through the front glass windows and noticed someone running to greet us. As she swung open the front glass door, she offered a loud and robust, “Welcome Home!”.
Aside from being startled and amused, I also noticed how those two little words immediately made me feel . . . well . . . WELCOME and “at home”. They were definitely going the extra mile to welcome new patrons, the food was actually VERY GOOD . . . and the service was even better! The wait-staff kept in contact, yet didn’t “hover” while we ate. We will definitely go back, and I can’t wait to re-experience their “Welcome Home!” (and the food).
We Brand. We Design. We Publish.