We were craving Chinese food and our usual local favorite restaurant was under new ownership. The quality of the food had diminished drastically, and it was time to find a new favorite.
For several months, we have been asking friends and neighbors for suggestions. One, in particular, kept coming to the top of the referral list, so we decided we were ready for a new adventure. As we walked towards the restaurant from the parking lot, we could see through the front glass windows and noticed someone running to greet us. As she swung open the front glass door, she offered a loud and robust, “Welcome Home!”.
Aside from being startled and amused, I also noticed how those two little words immediately made me feel . . . well . . . WELCOME and “at home”. They were definitely going the extra mile to welcome new patrons, the food was actually VERY GOOD . . . and the service was even better! The wait-staff kept in contact, yet didn’t “hover” while we ate. We will definitely go back, and I can’t wait to re-experience their “Welcome Home!” (and the food).
We Brand. We Design. We Publish.
when an ill-placed comma, or simply a missing comma,
causes the meaning of your statement to change.
It boils down to a Preference for Excellence.
It’s ALL about Excellence.
Ready for Excellence?
Give me a call. We Brand, we Design, we Publish.
If you haven’t noticed, there’s a whole lot of negative-energy “stuff” swirling around the planet lately. From hurricanes and earthquakes to political tyrants, tirades and Twitter feeds.
I can easily name a few people who need an official “time out” in a rocking chair with their teddy bear (and I’m not referring to my two darling grandchildren who happen to be outshining ALL the negativity in this world).
I try to avoid the news so I don’t get caught up in all the negative “stuff,” but then I feel guilty not knowing what the heck is going on . . . that I “should” be knowledgeable and have an opinion.
So I peek at the news. DANG.
Yes, I have an opinion . . . and HERE IT IS:
LET IT BE.
LET IT BE ME WHO STARTS THE POSITIVE RIPPLE.
LET IT BE allows me to LET GO of that which I cannot control and focus on solutions. When I focus on the solutions, more solutions appear.
LET IT BE creates a sturdy, positive foundation at home, in my neighborhood, in my community . . . country . . . globe.
LET IT BE does not mean I don’t care . . . quite the contrary. What we exhibit on the micro level affects the macro level. So I start at home.
LET IT BE empowers me to make positive choices at the micro level to create positive ripples with everyone I meet.
LET IT BEgin with me.
Go ahead . . . call me Pollyanna. I know you want to.
And if you’d like to hear my opinion on how to BRAND, DESIGN AND PUBLISH your way into a high-energy, absolutely-positively magnetic brand, give me a call.
I’ve got some pretty good opinions on that topic as well.
Now . . . to go find my teddy bear.
I spent some time with my two grandsons this past weekend (ages 5.5 and 3). They love electronics . . . our iPad and iPhones have the requisite toddler apps for EDU-tainment.
Their latest attraction, which captures BOTH of their attention simultaneously is called, “Creative Galaxy” which we access through Amazon Prime (the 3-year-old showed me how to find it on the iPad).
Although I didn’t quite follow the storyline, as I “tuned in” late, I DID catch the part about having a “Dream Box”. The animation then cuts away to actual, real-live children who are in a craft-room setting, showing you how to make your very own Dream Box out of a Puffs box or milk carton, or such.
It’s probably no surprise to anyone who knows us (or our daughter), the boys have grown up in a world of art, and a “craft project” is definitely something their mother has made sure was on their list of to-do’s. In fact, they each already have a “Treasure Box” where they store their special finds . . . rocks, marbles, loose change, feathers, lost keys, broken pieces of toys . . . you know . . . TREASURES found along the path of Life.
So, when the oldest asked me, “What’s a Dream Box?”, I jumped at the chance to talk about hopes, dreams and aspirations . . . the invisible stuff you hope (learn?) to manifest. OK, so maybe the word “manifest” is a bit much here for the audience, but when the 3-year-old tells me, “I want a Manta Vest” . . . I’ll work on finding one.
So, we talked about the invisible stuff . . . how fun it would be to grow up and be a robot . . . and work on a construction site driving a “mixer” (but it has to be air-conditioned) . . . and eat chocolate cake every day . . . with pears. We talked about drawing pictures of things we want to do and adding them to our Dream Box . . . kind of like a 3-D Vision Board. Pretty Cool, huh?!
I WANT A DREAM BOX! . . . Guess what just got moved to the top of my weekend “do something creative” list!?
SOOOO . . . What would YOU put in YOUR Dream Box ? . . . and how can I help you make it a reality?
Our clients come to us with a vision . . . a dream to attract more clients, help more people . . . and yes, make more money.
Share Your Dream. Share Your Vision. Share Your Wealth.
Give me a call . . . I’d love to hear ALL about what’s in YOUR Dream Box and help you make that happen.
Brands. Books. Dream Boxes.
What size Manta Vest do you wear?
My mother’s birthday was July 4th.
And, YES, she was one heck of a FIRECRACKER. She LOVED being the focus of attention, and knew how to make that happen.
She always led with her “sparkling” personality, and it always served her well. Even after she moved to a nursing home, she landed on the front page of the Webster Kirkwood Times at least twice.
As I look back, I now realize (in her own way), she was teaching me to be a “Firecracker”. . .
After all . . . Fireworks Get Noticed.
I now use my Mom’s “how-to-be-a-firecracker lessons” for creating my own “Fireworks” in business:
- GREET and introduce yourself to everyone you meet.
- SMILE and the world smiles back (she wrote this one in her high school year book).
- SPARKLE and always dress to impress — whether it’s your wardrobe or your website.
- GIVE of your Time, Treasure and Talent.
- COMMUNITY — surround yourself with supportive people.
- PERSISTENCE — if there is something you want, ASK for it.
- HAVE FUN — people want to work with people who are having fun.
If you are in business for yourself, and are ready to get noticed, give me a shout . . . I bet we can create some great fireworks together . . . I learned from the best!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!
At Davis Creative, our mission is to “create positive ripples”, and our purpose is to help YOU (our clients) help more people. You rely upon us to help you Look Good, Attract More Clients and Make More Money, and we love helping you create a “Happy, Healthy, Heart-filled Planet” — be it the mental-, physical-, financial-, or social-health of an individual, business or community.
From logos and taglines to business cards and books . . . our client base spans the globe with sales in all 50 states and in 17 countries. We help the “helpers and healers” . . . the life coaches, mentors, therapists, physicians, educators, authors, speakers, and a spectrum of professional service providers — all having one thing in common — they are making this world a better place.
Our RIPPLES . . . Our Core Beliefs . . . Our Client Commitment:
- RESPECT: We value diversity, unique perspectives and positive experiences.
- INTEGRITY: We take responsibility and do the right thing.
- PASSION: We love working with people who are passionate about their business and about helping others.
- PROMISE: We keep our word and make a commitment to support our clients’ best interests.
- LEGACY: We give. We give back. We give our clients their brand advantage.
- EXCELLENCE: We believe “Good Design is Good Business”, and good design encourages an atmosphere of excellence.
- SHARING: A peaceful world starts with sharing a single smile.
Sharing our RIPPLES . . .
The greatest compliment we receive is your repeat business. The second greatest compliment we receive is your referral to a new client! If you know someone who you think would be a great fit and needs our help, have them give Cathy a call at 888-598-0886.
- The HOOP represents the foundation of WHO you are, your essence, your unique sense of self. Who are you? What is your history? What gives you credibility and “expert” status? It does not necessarily need to be the extra alphabet letters after your name – more-often-than-not, it also includes your life experiences which have allowed you to develop into who you are now. Having a well-defined Author Platform creates a strong foundation for building your tribe of followers.
- The WEB represents WHAT you stand for, and HOW your unique offering serves others. What is your mission, your passion – both personally and professionally? Quite often, it’s our life “mess” which becomes our message. How can you take that message and share it with the world? How can you share your life lessons to help others? Weaving a well-crafted, consistent visual, verbal and virtual message attracts people who are eager to work with you, and will more than likely be the ones who buy your book.
- The EMBELLISHMENTS (feathers, beads, arrowheads) represent HOW you serve others. These are your gifts to your tribe, your followers. Interacting with your tribe strengthens your platform and helps to build a stronger relationship:
- Social media – be visible where they hang out.
- Workshops, webinars – create programs to share your knowledge and experience.
- Blogs, guest-blogging – reach a larger audience.
- Events – attend, become involved, extend your network, plan your own.
- Partnerships – create online and in-person events to increase visibility.
D: So lacking in originality as to be obvious and boring.
into a “gotta have” brand?