Brand. Identity. Imprint. Stamp.
When we get an envelope in the mail with a fancy stamp, our curiosity often prompts us to open that envelope first.
When we want to attract new business, we are really asking for a “Stamp of Approval” from our new customer. Our “brand” is our business identity . . . our unique imprint . . . our one-of-a-kind STAMP.
How do we Develop a Distinctive S.T.A.M.P.?
S = Focus on how to best SERVE our customers
T = Instill TRUST with our customers and our employees
A = Make it easy to ACCESS our business and products
M = Tailor our MESSAGE and MEDIUM to reach our audience
P = Honor our PROMISES with a commitment to excellence
Bezos, Branson & Buffet on Brand:
“A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.” – Jeff Bezos
“The brand is only as good as our products, so . . .
if people have a good experience . . .
then they’ll try the next product that we launch.”
– Richard Branson
“Your . . . brand had better be delivering something special, or it’s not going to get the business.” – Warren Buffett
HOW CURRENT IS YOUR BRAND?
Staying Current. Going with the Current. Current Events. Current Status.
If you’ve been following this blog, you may recall the discussion regarding the 3 C’s of Branding:
I’m now adding a 4th “C”: CURRENCY. Not necessarily in the traditional sense of CASH — but rather in the sense of Brand Currency, AKA: Brand Current-cy . . .
Everyone knows Heinz Ketchup. But Heinz brand aficionados can also stock up on Heinz Mustard — a direct response to consumer feedback to develop product options for sandwich lovers. Heinz stayed CURRENT with consumer demand.
If your Brand defines who you are and how you and your business is perceived, how CURRENT is your Brand?
- How current is your logo, tag line and overall messaging?
- Is your current message aligned with current media?
- Are you current with your commitments — personal AND financial?
- Are you current in returning phone calls and following up with emails?
- How current is that list (or stack) of TO-DO’s?
- Are you currently addressing the needs of your consumer based upon their needs TODAY (vs. when you started your business 5 or 10 years ago)?
It doesn’t matter whether you offer consumer products or professional services, paying attention to your Brand Currency (and Current-cy) has a direct correlation to the flow of currency in your life.
and develop a strong, compelling image for your business.
DEFINE your business focus.
· What are you REALLY selling?
· What is your customer REALLY buying?
DESIGN your business image.
· What does your graphic image say about you?
· Does your graphic image help to sell your product/service?
DELIVER your business message.
· How are you communicating with your customer?
· What marketing tools do you use to reach that customer?