January 2019 will be the 15th Anniversary of Davis Creative.
I’d love to be able to say it has all been “smooth sailing,” but as with any growing business, we’ve celebrated our “ups” and learned from our “downs”!
Looking back over the last decade-and-a-half, I’ve learned 3 key strategies for thriving . . .
- ALIGN your own job description with what you do best; delegate tasks you avoid doing. Things will get done faster and more accurately by people who enjoy doing all those things you avoid.
- ASK professionals when you have no clue what your next-best-step needs to be. Identify key team members, including a lawyer, accountant, virtual assistant and business coach . . . and learn to rely upon them to help you.
- AVOID Drama Llamas. Over the years, I’ve had to learn how to “fire” a few clients. It becomes apparent that we are just not a good fit, and no matter how hard we try to make it work, no one will be happy in the end. As I’ve acquired more practice, I’ve gotten better at spotting them BEFORE they become a client. My intuition usually nudges me during the initial discovery phase, and NOW, before the discomfort and drama starts to unfold, I can more easily side-step the Llamas before they pull me into their dramas.
Yes, we’ve learned a lot in 15 years.
Additionally, we . . .
- do what we love
- work with clients who love what THEY do
- have fun
- stretch our comfort zone on a daily basis
- trust our intuition
- work long days and long weeks when the work is flowing in; we take breaks when it’s not
- ALWAYS take a nap or a few days off to recharge our energy, as needed
SO, IF YOU ARE ALSO INTO HAVING FUN AND WOULD LIKE TO PLAY IN OUR SANDBOX, GIVE ME A CALL: 888-598-0886
We create brands and publish books which connect people, awaken humanity, and make a positive impact on the lives of the people they reach.