I vividly remember sitting in the back seat of my grandmother’s baby-blue Studebaker as she made a U-turn in the middle of a highway to avoid the smoke and find another safe, clear path to our destination.
Growing up in Oklahoma, it was a common sight to see signs like the one above on highways, “DO NOT DRIVE THRU SMOKE.” Add fire to rambling tumbleweed, blurred by the billowing smoke of a prairie fire . . . and driving through smoke could be quite dangerous.
Fast-forward a few decades, and much like the Wild, Wild West of my childhood, today’s world of self-publishing can be just as dangerous and smoke-filled as those prairie grass fires. It can very much be a buyer-beware, smoke-filled highway.
Just about anyone, who has ever self-published a book, now calls themselves a “publisher”. So, would you rather work with someone who has published ONE book . . . or a team who has published HUNDREDS?
Top 10 Reasons to Hire an Experienced Professional
The company . . .
- provides multi-faceted expertise in publishing, branding, target-audience identification, design, messaging, pricing and distribution
- employs veteran marketing professionals who are experienced and knowledgeable in book writing, book design, branding, publishing, and the marketing of small-business services
- aligns itself with expert resources for social media, websites, public relations, digital marketing, Amazon Bestseller Campaigns, etc.
- offers bundled packages and programs for maximizing an author’s investment
The project management team . . .
- exhibits a depth of knowledge of the publishing process and top industry standards; answers those questions you are not even aware to be asking
- creates client relationships built upon the mentor/student model of trust, patience and willingness to share expertise
- freely shares process details, establishes goals, and manages time-lines to meet your deadlines
Your completed book will . . .
- rival those produced by the top 5 traditional publishers
- reflect professional best-practice industry recommendations
- be customized to meet your specific author platform, to better position yourself in your market
So, how do you protect yourself from getting “burned”?