It’s a WHOLE NEW WORLD out there for speakers, trainers, consultants, and experts. As a member of my local NSA (National Speaker’s Association) group, I know what it’s like to have had SIX speaking gigs canceled during the first half of 2020.
Major organizations, non-profits, and small business owners would typically hire experts to help them motivate employees, maximize sales, and create new relationships to help generate business growth. Although we’ve all come to know and love ZOOM, our ever-changing world has made it even more difficult to reach these existing and potential new clients.
The power of publishing provides the opportunity to stand out, get noticed, and stay top-of-mind!
If you’ve been thinking about writing a book but aren’t sure where to start, start with ONE chapter in the “Engaging Experts” Anthology!
Maximize Your Impact & Reduce Expenses Through Collaboration
TAKE A TIP-TOE INTO THE PUBLISHING POND.
An anthology is simply a collection of essays with a common theme, providing you the chance to be a published author — without the financial expense or time involved in writing an entire book on your own. Through the process of collaboration, more people learn about you and your unique offerings, at a greatly reduced price.
“BUT . . . What would I write about?”
Readers LOVE stories.
Potential clients love hearing about how you have helped someone else find solutions and solve problems. What does your potential client wake up in the middle of the night worried about? Share a story that SOLVES THOSE PROBLEMS and you are on your way to creating a relationship with that new client!
Attract More Clients, Help More People, and Monetize Your Passion
POSITION YOURSELF AS THE EXPERT.
As a contributing author to the anthology, you’ll spread your message and share your unique offerings through your own individual chapter, allowing you to expand your “tribe” and inspire others. A professionally published book helps you engage a larger audience and build your “tribe.”
- Establish Your Credibility
- Inspire More People
- Project a Professional Image
- Develop Greater Visibility
- Attract, Retain and Solidify Your Client Base
ONLY $697 each chapter!
Bring A Friend (BAF) and Save . . .
Invite a friend and you both save $97 each!
Contact Cathy to reserve your chapter and access your BAF discount!
email@example.com or 888-598-0886
Our Director of Barketing, Chewy (short for Mr. Happy Chewbacca Davis), has an overly particular palette, a definite penchant for fluffy sleeping arrangements, and a highly personal preference for his two favorite GRAND buds, who (in his opinion) never visit quite enough.
His two GRAND buds love to read, and Chewy has selected these three books by Missouri author, Robert U. Montgomery, for them to read to HIM the next time they get to visit . . .
Author Robert U. Montgomery loves nature and teaching. Those passions are reflected in most of his works, including his series of illustrated children’s books, Who Let the Bugs Out?, Who Let the Frogs Out?, and more recently published, Who Let the Dinosaurs Out? These nature-inspired mysteries teach young readers about nature, encouraging them to go outside and explore it on their own. Each book features a young boy, Bobby, and ends with a positive life-lesson learned by Bobby and his friends.
Other children’s book titles by Montgomery include Fish, Frogs, and Fireflies: Growing up with Nature, Pippa’s Journey: Tail-Wagging Tales of Rescue Dogs, and Under the Bed: Tales from an Innocent Childhood.
The award-winning author’s short stories and nature photos have been published in both adult and children’s publications, including Boy’s Life. He also has written three books about fishing and two eco-thriller novels, Revenge of the Wolf and Return of the Wolf.
Montgomery lives in the Missouri Ozarks with his rescue dog Pippa.
For more information about how we can help you find an illustrator and publish your children’s book, reach out to us HERE.
As our immediate neighborhood and region remain in quarantine and we continue to shelter in place, I recognize the irony of getting to know my neighbors better – even if it is only carrying on a conversation across a driveway or shouting, “Good Morning” across the street. People are missing their work community and starting to more readily embrace their actual “neighborhood” community.
At Davis Creative Publishing Partners, we take pride in our community of Inspiring Authors who have reached out to us over the years. If you’ve been thinking about writing a book, but may not know where to start, we can help.
Now is the time to take action and make a professional statement. Find out how the power of publishing can help you look good, get noticed, and grow your business . . .
We offer several FREE options and low price-point programs to help you . . .
- FREE 30-minute Maximum Impact Conversations. Connect to Cathy’s calendar HERE to schedule time to talk and ask questions about self-publishing. Whatever is on your mind. You do not need to be an existing client.
- FREE Pop-Up Publishing Q&A: Join us via ZOOM, the second Tuesday, 11:30 am central, for Q&A. Bring questions, we’ll have answers! Register HERE.
- FREE Inspiring Authors Lunch & Learn: Have lunch at your desk (or on your deck) on the fourth Thursday of every month, 11:30 am. Join me via ZOOM as Cathy interviews authors and industry experts on ways to help monetize your book. Register HERE.
- Ready to tip-toe into the world of publishing? Write a single chapter in our next anthology and share the cost of publishing through the power of collaboration with other authors. Currently accepting a FEW more chapters through August 15th for “BRIGHT SPOTS“ (click link to learn more).
- Payment plans, mini deposits, deferred payments, installment plans, and potential barter arrangements. Email Cathy for more info.
As your Publishing Partner, we’d love to welcome you into our community of Inspiring Authors. Our job is to make the process easier and less stressful for you. We take the mystery out of self-publishing, help you avoid the pitfalls, and guarantee your book will not look self-published . . . but, it WILL rival the professional impact of any of the top 6 traditional publishers.
Got questions? Reach out.
By the end of this year, we will have helped at least 50 authors become Independently Published. In addition, we will have produced at least 3 anthologies containing anywhere from 20 – 52 authors, each. Working with so many authors each year has allowed us to identify three distinct personalities . . .
The Wanna Bee. These authors talk a lot about starting. They have loads of ideas, but none ever make it onto paper. They claim they don’t know where to start and the little voice in their head keeps taunting, “Can’t do it.” They would rather play victim to lack of motivation than to take a chance on reader rejection.
The Never Bee. These authors typically write prolifically but never finish. Their content makes no sense and they ramble on about the same topic . . . over . . . and over . . . with nary a point in sight. They refuse to listen to the experienced suggestions of a Writing Coach / Editor and are quick to blame others for them not being able to finish.
The Better Believe It! Bee. We LOVE these authors! These authors are not only determined, they have a vision and can SEE their book in their hands!
These authors are fearlessly fulfilling a destiny and have FOCUS:
- F = Finds helpers and asks for assistance
- O = Organizes their thoughts and develops an outline
- C = Creates a plan for completion
- U = Understands the importance of using professional resources
- S = Sets goals and surpasses them
Which author do YOU want to BE?
If you are ready to step into the role of the Better Believe It! Bee, we can show you the way.
Reach out. You’ll BEE glad you did!
Since mid-March, “every mother and her other brother” has been trying to get noticed through social media. Traffic on key social media sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.) has sky-rocketed and the trick is not to just get noticed but to get someone to click, read, AND engage with you for more info.
WHY DO I NEED CONTENT?
- It gets the attention of your prospects, clients, and potential marketing partners
- Builds credibility and positions you as the expert (which you are)
- Gives you a chance to build additional revenue streams when you share info about your programs and offerings
Now is not the time to be waiting for the world to get back to normal or for a miracle to happen.
NOW IS THE TIME to create memorable content which:
- Targets your specific audience
- Addresses what they want to hear
- Offers them relief/solutions to their worries
- Adds more value (more than anyone else)
IDEAS FOR GENERATING CONTENT:
- Social media posts
- Blogs (includes guest blogs)
- Short Videos
- Online courses
- Short books (100 pages or less)
- Longer books (100 pages or more)
As your Publishing Partner, we specialize in making sure your content gets packaged, published, and promoted in a fashion that makes you shine and rise above the fray.
For more information about creating content, or using your existing content as the basis for a book . . . schedule a call with Cathy HERE.
THE ONE QUESTION we get asked the most is . . .
“How do I sell more books?”
The tricky part is that you NEED to ask this question before your book ever gets published.
Building your Author Brand Platform is one of THE most crucial steps in developing your non-fiction book, yet it usually gets skipped by most authors. In their eagerness to “get published” an author will fast-forward through editing, hire a book designer, and upload their book for publishing before they ever think about selling.
As a non-fiction author, your book is a key marketing component for building credibility. Much like a glossy annual report for the corporate entity, your book becomes a huge metaphorical billboard for you and your small business. You don’t want to cut corners or skip steps . . . especially with your Author Brand Platform.
Important factors to consider when building your Platform:
- Who is your audience?
- What motivates them to buy books?
- What do you offer that they cannot get elsewhere?
- How does your book highlight your area of expertise?
- How will you monetize the content of your book within your business?
- When does your target audience get motivated to buy your book? Is there a seasonal demand?
When you treat the marketing of your book just like a business, you increase your odds exponentially for attracting new clients and growing your business.
If You Build It (IN THE BEGINNING), They Will Come.
And remember . . .
“It’s not about how well your book sells . . .
it’s ALL about how well your book sells YOU©.”
To schedule an Author Brand Platform discussion with Cathy, or to get answers to any other publishing questions, please connect to her calendar HERE.
You don’t have to publish alone!
I’ve been working from our home office since January of 2004 and I LOVE it! I enjoy having the kitchen around the corner from the office and our huge front porch or our (much smaller) backyard deck for “sanity breaks.” The best part of having an office at home is our dog, Chewy, always at my feet! I feel like I interact with people EVEN MORE now than when we were all much more mobile. Today, my “Zoomies” were with a client in Paris, one in New Jersey, and one here in St. Louis! Add in another 2-3 traditional phone calls — and I never feel alone!
You, too, are an expert at what you do and you understand the importance (especially now) of keeping your name and your business in the mind of your potential clients. Your business involves helping others and you are at the forefront of making things happen for the greater good. You follow your passion, love what you do, and are ready to take your business to a new level. You are ready to finish and publish your book! Just like in the world of publishing, you can go the DIY route, OR surround yourself with a team of experts to help. You don’t have to try and publish your book alone — we can help — no matter where you are on your publishing path!
“I LOVED how easy they made the process!”
Experience the Amazing Benefits of Becoming an Author-As-Publisher
- Solidify your brand
- Grow your business
- Expand your following
- Be the thought-leader in your industry
- Get recognized as THE credible resource
- Exude professionalism
- Attract high-net-worth clients
“You guys are an encyclopedia of current publishing how-to knowledge!”
Eliminate the Stress and Avoid the Mess (and avoid the headaches) . . . Get it done RIGHT the first time!
- Minimize Your Investment
- Maximize Your Compensation
- Retain 100% of your profits
- Maintain 100% of your copyright
- Earn 100% royalties
- Access global distribution
- Team up with global marketing professionals
“My book is so professional — nobody knows it is self-published!”
There is SO MUCH MORE to publishing than adding your book to Amazon.com!
Customize your book with our highly experienced team of ghostwriters, writing coaches, editors, proofreaders, designers, and marketing experts. Stay ahead of your competition and be the expert/speaker/trainer who gets called first!
Most authors receive their reader-friendly, library- and retail-compliant, professionally published book in 6 months or less!
Thinking about Writing a Book?
Reach out. Give me a call.
Ask about our READY, SET, LAUNCH Publishing Program . . . I’ll share with you how we use the power of publishing to build your brand, grow your business, and make a difference in the lives of the people you reach. You can CONNECT WITH CATHY HERE!
How are you REALLY doing . . . 12 weeks into quarantine?
WOWO: Weirded Out & Waiting it Out? Are you curled up in a fetal position binge-watching Netflix or Disney (my fav), just waiting to see what happens next?
FAMA: Fearlessly in Action to Manifest & Attract? Are you in action? From what I see, those service professionals and small businesses who have continued to take action, be visible, and reach out to their “tribe” are “stirring up” new business.
If you’ve been WOWO and hiding, no one will know if you are still here.
So . . . it got me to thinking . . . Have I been TOO busy in FAMA . . . have I been making good use of my time during Shelter in Place? Will I be able to look back on this quarantine and feel like I have made the best use of my time?
Have I taken the time to . . .
- CONNECT with my family? We intentionally created a Sunday Zoom Dinner with my daughter, her husband, and their two littles. We talk, we eat, we play games . . . it’s been fun! I miss not being able to celebrate milestones in traditional ways (birthdays, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, etc. – and HUGS!), but this time gives us the opportunity to “create” new ways of celebrating!
- ORGANIZE my life? We’ve been addressing our “Do-It-Laters” . . . What may have been a to-do on a backburner, or a “when I have time” idea, has been brought to the forefront and made a priority. Both business and personal projects have been re-evaluated and re-prioritized. It feels good to be checking things off my list. There are even a few drawers and cabinets which have been decluttered, and a “GIVE” box has been filling up with items to donate to charity. We got notice today that Large Item Pick-Up will be restarting in July . . . got a pile ready to go! Now to check on the electronics recycling . . .
- WRITE in my journal or start that book I’ve been thinking about? I’ll admit . . . I did start a journal about 12 weeks ago . . . it has two entries . . . I need to make a commitment or let it go. I’ve been nudging our authors to write about their quarantine experiences . . . I should listen to myself!
- PLAN? I’m a right-brain creative who also likes to PLAN. That means LOTS of ideas for projects . . . which must have lists . . . which must get checked off (eventually). Planning helps me feel organized, which leads to less stress. I LIKE less stress. Do what gives you JOY (and less stress!).
The last 12 weeks have been a great reminder for me to focus on INTENTION and RELEASE. To let go of all those things that WERE NOT working well, and to intentionally focus on creating better ways of living, working, and loving.
Feel free to join me in FAMA . . . we can support each other!
PS: Thank you, Jason Bowman, for inspiring me to think
about these things with your Quarantine To-Do List.
In my daily conversations with aspiring authors, there are three topics I make sure I always cover . . .
- Please don’t plan your retirement around the sale of your book. Publishing is not an additional stream of income. Publishing is the vehicle — the method — for sharing your story, your wisdom, your perspective (aka: your Author Platform).
- It’s not about how well your book sells, but it IS all about how well your book sells YOU©. Your book is a marketing tool for your Author Platform. It doesn’t matter whether you have authored a memoir, a novel, a self-help, or a non-fiction business book . . . your Author Platform is the foundation of your message to the masses.
- R, R, R. The 3 R’s of Publishing refer to ‘Riting, Reading, and Ready. You can write it, but will they come? The measure of a good manuscript is when someone reads it, FINISHES the book, AND tells everyone how good it is. Are you R.E.A.D.Y.?
An author is R.E.A.D.Y. to publish when they can say “YES!” to having . . .
- RESILIENCY. A RESILIENT author learns to not take things personally. Publishing your first book can be scary. You’ve used YOUR words to express YOUR thoughts, feelings, beliefs, etc. — and people are going to read them! They will know who you are! Yep. That’s what happens. Those people . . . they read your words, they end up liking what you have to say, and they want more.
- EXCITEMENT. An EXCITED author believes in their message and has an inner knowing that it is good — NOPE NIX THAT — they know it is GREAT. Their message makes them come alive each morning and they are EAGER to share it with the world.
- ADAPTABILITY. An ADAPTABLE author is willing to add the “sparkle finish” to their book. When you are ready to publish, you will be surrounded by a team of experts who have walked this path with hundreds of other authors. Your professional team assists you in navigating the self-publishing landscape and “polishes” your book, making your book more appealing and marketable (that means more SALES).
- DETERMINATION. A DETERMINED author is ready to make things happen. Many authors equate the publishing process to giving birth. You’ve been working on your “baby” for many months (if not years) and it is time to share it with the world. Determination helps authors set and attain realistic goals.
- YES! MINDSET. A YES! MINDSET will always open new doors of possibility, whereas “no” is the enemy of creativity and growth. A YES! MINDSET author will always be a team player and will always have more positive outcomes when publishing their book. If DETERMINATION helps you reach goals, a YES! MINDSET helps you exceed those original expectations.
If you think you are READY to publish . . .
Reach out. Give me a call. Ask about our READY, SET, LAUNCH Publishing Program. Let me show you how we use the power of publishing to build your brand, grow your business, and make a difference in the lives of the people you reach.
“Fearless and Fabulous: Finding Your Way Through Change and Beyond”
TODAY IS THE DAY TO BUY THE E-BOOK FOR ONLY $1 !!!
Change is inevitable.
How we react to it is purely our choice.
This collection of essays was mid-production when the phrase “shelter-in-place” became a common household conversation. As Fearless and Fabulous authors, the only choice was to keep moving forward and in doing so, inspire others to do the same!
Our power lies within and among.
Much like a single butterfly, each of the seventeen contributing authors has decided at some point in their life to make the personal choice to break through whatever is holding them back, reach for the light, and create a life worth living. Each has found the courage to go for what they want and make the changes necessary — not just in order to survive but to thrive.
Each year, during Fall migration, Monarch butterflies join together for their northward journey. The strength of the group — also known as a kaleidoscope — serves to protect and support each other along the way. Similarly, the power of the collective shines forth in the stories shared between the covers of this book. United in collaboration, these authors share their wisdom as their gift to you on your personal journey.
Please accept our invitation to join our kaleidoscope as we fearlessly navigate, hand-in-hand, towards a fabulous new earth!
“What do you want, Butterfly?”
Let’s go do that.