There’s a M.A.G.I.C. Wand on my desk. It has been there so long, it has become part of the background. I believe the wand came from a childhood costume of my daughter’s — to which, over time, I have added a bit of embellishment, claiming it as my own. If anything, it serves as a reminder of my own personal MAGIC power within, and the innate abilities we each are given when we are born into this existence.
My M.A.G.I.C. Wand speaks to me.
Every now and then, a bit of light creates an extra sparkle which catches my eye, reminding me to tap into that inner power. My M.A.G.I.C. Wand sends me a burst of energy . . . a rush of confidence . . . an inner knowing that says, “You’ve GOT THIS!”
My M.A.G.I.C. Wand reminds me to . . .
- MOVE in a positive direction
- ALIGN my passion, purpose, vision, and values
- GROW in confidence with each new step
- IMAGINE the possibilities
- CREATE the best life I can imagine
A few people have asked if they could borrow my M.A.G.I.C. Wand . . . SURE!
Give me a call . . . “We’ll talk!”
A new pattern.
A shift in thinking.
The world of independent- and self-publishing is constantly changing.
We work with a variety of industry-preferred online vendors, and it sometimes seems as if their process or protocol changes weekly (if not daily). Over the past 15 years, we have learned to pivot on a moment’s notice and find new workarounds in the ever-changing publishing landscape.
In the past two months alone . . .
- CreateSpace merged with KDP, and we’ve been busy helping our authors transition their books over to KDP and a “new way” of doing things. A few have encountered some obstacles, but we’ve been there to hold their hands and find solutions.
- The government-regulated ISBN agency, Bowker, was hacked on November 5th, which completely shut down their website. Bowker created a temporary website to handle registrations while the old site is being rebuilt. You temporarily need to download a WORD document, fill it out online or by hand, AND fax (remember those!?) or scan/email it to Bowker.
We know our way around and we know how to pivot.
Our clients have learned to trust us to “find the best way”. We are immersed in the industry on a daily basis (sometimes 12-15 hours a day). Our propriety process helps transformational small-business owners write books, become published authors and monetize their passion while minimizing their investment.
If you find yourself in a tizzy . . . or merely in a state of exasperated confusion, give us a call. We can help.
We work with a lot of independent small business owners . . . life coaches, speakers, therapists, educators, etc. Most are in the helping and healing professions, giving of themselves and their expertise to help others find a happy, healthy way of living.
A common denominator which comes up quite often with these clients is how much to charge for their services. Because what they do comes SO easily to them, many are priced way too low, and end up giving their services away for free. They barely charge enough to meet their expenses.
Been there. Done that. Moving on.
Experience has told me that if I don’t value myself and my gifts (my unique expertise), neither will anyone else.
If you are ready to LEARN Your Value & EARN Your Value, give me a shout. I’d love to have a genuine conversation with you. Our conversation will include how to:
- ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR PASSION —WHAT are you really selling, and WHY?
- ALIGN YOUR PURPOSE —WHO you are selling to, and HOW do you offer them relief?
- ATTRACT MORE PROFITS— Connect your brand messaging with your programs and pricing structure to attract the interest of your target audience.
So, you’re writing a non-fiction book to help market your business. FANTASTIC!
Not sure how to organize it or where to start? We can help!
Most successful non-fiction business books use one of three starting points:
1. THE SOAPBOX: You have a vision . . . you have a mission . . . and you are willing to offer an opinion to engage others. Step up on that soapbox and shout your message to the world!
2. THE STRUGGLE: You’ve overcome extraordinary odds and have lived to tell the tale. Now is the time to share your hero’s journey, and inspire others who may feel knocked down and are struggling to find their way.
3. THE SYSTEM: You are in the business of helping others, and you’ve developed a fool-proof, step-by-step process or
plan of action. Use your book to outline your process and support the overall big-picture message of your business.
YOU HAVE THE INFORMATION OTHER PEOPLE NEED.
Now is the time to share it. Let others see you as the expert you truly are!
YOU HAVE THE IDEA.
We have the team to help. Let our professional writing coaches, editors, proofreaders and book designers bring your book to life!
- provides multi-faceted expertise in publishing, branding, target-audience identification, design, messaging, pricing and distribution
- employs veteran marketing professionals who are experienced and knowledgeable in book writing, book design, branding, publishing, and the marketing of small-business services
- aligns itself with expert resources for social media, websites, public relations, digital marketing, etc.
- offers bundled packages and programs to maximize an author’s investment
- exhibits a depth of knowledge of the publishing process and top industry standards; answers those questions you are not even aware of to be asking
- creates client relationships built upon the mentor/student model of trust, patience and willingness to share expertise
- freely shares process details, establishes goals, and manages time-lines to meet your deadlines
- rival those produced by the top 3 traditional publishers
- reflect professional best-practice industry recommendations
- be customized to meet your specific author platform, to better position yourself in your market
- minimize your investment
- maximize your return on royalties
- retain 100% of your profits
- secure ownership of your copyright
- access global distribution
- avoid self-publishing pitfalls
Just Be Your S.E.L.F.
I originally met Carol a few years ago at a networking event, and we soon found out we had much in common! We knew a lot of the same people, followed a lot of the same causes, and we both loved helping others.
Carol’s new book, “Just Be Your S.E.L.F.” is a testament to her life mission of helping us all grow into the self-fulfilled, ultimate “ME” we can each be!
Do you have a S.E.L.F.?
If you’re not yet Self-governed, Ego-aware, Leading in your life, and Free of self-imposed barriers, then it’s past time! The developmental journey of your earliest years offered you the chance at seven gifts—emotional and social capacities essential for healthy adult relationships. Yet, many of us leave those valuable gifts behind. If your friendships, romances, and family ties are full of drama, pain, or distance, it may be time for some “developmental do-overs.”
As you retrace those first seven years now, you will find that the raw ores of these 7 Childhood Treasures—and your S.E.L.F.—still lie waiting for you to uncover them.
- Learn how to trust, who to trust, and for what
- Separate loved ones’ words and actions from your painful story about them
- Let go of drama that is not about you
- Be a leader of your own life, with the ultimate freedom of embracing your choice, power, and responsibility for who you are
Even if you had pretty-good parents, who weren’t alcoholics or drug addicts, didn’t beat or berate you, and supported you in many ways, you may still struggle in relationships as an adult. The first seven years of childhood are full of potholes and pitfalls for new, young parents who are, usually, stumbling through those years, nearly-blind. Small wonder that even well-intentioned and loving parents create accidental damage in the most high-impact relationships they will ever have – with their young children.
Whether your parents traumatized or supported you, you may find that today’s relationships with them, or with your adult children, siblings, partner, friends, and coworkers are strained by silence, fighting, fear, or similar stresses. When you’re ready to release these struggles, it’s time to embrace the untapped potential in these connections with friends and loved ones. Retrace the original developmental plan for your early years and start living today as your Self-governed, Ego-Aware, Leading, Free S.E.L.F.!
Carol’s book is available via AMAZON.COM and everywhere books are sold.
You can reach Carol through her WEBSITE.
Branding, for a non-fiction author, is imperative. It is ALL ABOUT how you present your books and yourself as a writer, to the public. It’s what people think and believe about you. It’s what you stand for . . . as well as what you WON’T STAND for. It’s also all about building a tribe of people who think and feel the same way and want MORE of what you offer.
Why do I need a memorable Author Brand?
YOUR BRAND IS YOUR REPUTATION
“A brand is what other people say about you when you’re not in the room.” — Jeff Bezos
If you are an independent or self-published author, YOU are in charge of your marketing and your reputation. Quite often this can lead to a traditional publisher finding you and making you an offer. We’ve seen it happen with one of our clients!
What three words do you use the most when describing what you do? These words quite often can become the foundation of your brand and will help attract people who want to hear MORE about what you have to say.
A WELL-THOUGHT-OUT BRAND HELPS YOU SELL BOOKS
Branding is necessary if you’re serious about selling books. Even if you aren’t intentionally creating a “brand,” everything you say and do will leave a lasting impression with your current and prospective audience. It’s always better to take charge of your brand message up-front, vs. waiting until something negative happens and end up being in charge of cleaning up a bad situation.
Your professional brand will help you . . .
- craft an identity that accurately represents who you are
- be relatable to your audience and “accessible”
- cultivate name recognition
- strengthen your message and establish you within your area of expertise
How do I achieve a memorable Author Brand?
Start with knowing WHO you are and WHY you do what you do. Step up, speak up and be willing to stand out.
- WHAT is your topic of expertise?
- WHO are you and what makes you the expert in your field?
- WHY do you write about your topic?
- WHY should your reader want to know more?
- WHAT solutions do you offer your reader?
Optimize your potential for Author Brand success with a succinct Visual, Verbal and Virtual brand identity.
- Attract, retain and solidify your customer base
- Create a distinct identity and market position
- Project a professional, innovative image
- Develop greater visibility for your business
Our clients love what they do and have built successful brands around helping others. If you are ready to take the next step in building your Author Brand Connection, give us a call, 888-598-0886.
Now is the time, more than ever to let your light shine. Don’t hold back. Step up, step out and be the light.
My entire life, I’ve been told, “You are SO creative!”
Which, as a high-schooler, soon led to me hiding my creativity, thinking I was “weird.” People (adults and other students) would ask, “Where do you get these ideas?” But, because it was so much a part of my DNA (and my age), I could not explain where it came from. It just “WAS!”
During my senior year of high school, just as I was starting to gain confidence, I had a new art teacher accuse me of letting someone else do one of my class projects. I was devastated. After running to the student counselor’s office in tears, I dropped out of his class and took a pass/fail grade rather than face his ineffectual abusive style of judgmental teaching ever again (apparently I’m still a bit “ticked” about the incident!). He tried to give me an “F” but the counselor intervened and I was able to get the grade changed to an “audited class” pass/fail. Me dropping the class was more about not feeling “heard” and encouraged, and less about being accused of falsifying a class project. I learned later that he got fired for having an affair with one of the students. THAT folks, is what I believe is called, “Karma.”
My high school counselor was always one of my cheerleaders.
She worked with me to find a college where I could thrive . . . she was my “Nudge.” She gave me the courage to believe I could thrive as a “creative” and learn to monetize my talents. I graduated 6 months early (December) from high school, and went directly to college. I finished that class project in college, my first semester (abstract sculpture, showing movement, out of wire and plaster), and received an “A!” THAT was the validation I needed!
Fast-forward 30-plus years, and I now find myself “coaching” clients, much like my high school counselor, and encouraging them to follow THEIR own passion. Many of our clients refer to me as their brand and/or publishing coach.
Actually, I see myself as the professional “Nudge.” I now use my creativity with a PURPOSE. I help YOU identify and monetize your passion. I offer validation that you are on the right track . . . and even help you find it. It’s what I LOVE doing.
Give me a call. It’s time to nudge a bit. It’s time to let YOUR creativity shine!
The greatest compliment we can receive is your repeat business.
Several of our clients are on their 3rdand 4thbooks with us.
“People are amazed when we tell them we are self-published. The books you design for us look like they have been produced by a traditional publisher!”
The second greatest compliment we can receive is your referral to a new client!
Our goal is to keep GIVING more than what is expected, which keeps our clients happy, which in turn leads to more referrals!
“I loved what you did for Sara SO MUCH, I had to hire you to help me write my own book!”
SO, as our THANK YOU to our happy clients, we’ve decided to update the endorsements on our website, and we’d love to include YOURS (with a link to your website)!
Here is a sampling of a few of the endorsements currently scrolling on our home page:
“Thank you for being on the team . . . with much love and thanks!” Martha Beck
“As a first-time author, and a novice self-publisher, I felt fortunate to have found Davis Creative. Cathy and Jack Davis provided a thorough checklist of the materials I needed to provide and the steps I needed to take, patiently answered all my questions, set up my accounts with the vendors, and provided important strategic guidance that helped me optimize the book launch. Quality, experience, integrity, accessibility. If I do this again, I’ll want Cathy and Jack on my team again.” Joe Castellano
“I’m truly thankful for your hard work, and help, in getting my book project off the ground, and in such an amazing and lovely way.” Tyron Barrington
“Working with Davis Creative was undoubtedly one of the best parts of writing and publishing my first book. Their insight, guidance, professionalism, and support vastly exceeded my expectations. I was thrilled with the quality and variety of the design options given to me. I greatly appreciated their extensive knowledge and experience in this industry. They patiently led me through what can be a daunting and complicated process. The personal attention, timeliness, clarity, and outstanding customer service on top of the fantastic creativity and innovation make Davis Creative the best, in my book.” Jill Farmer
We’d LOVE to include your endorsement and have it scroll along with these on our home page.
CLICK HERE to share your thoughts with us . . . we’ll get your endorsement added right away!
CLICK HERE to learn more about our REFERRAL PROGRAM and how you can benefit from your referrals!
As always, THANK YOU for your ongoing support!
The topic-at-hand with Independent- and Self-Publishing for the last few weeks has centered around the transition from CreateSpace to KDP. Lots of information swirling around . . . SO MUCH that our clients are telling us they are confused about where to start.
WE CAN HELP!
If you are a past, current, or soon-to-be publishing client of ours, we are HERE TO HELP move your books from CreateSpace to KDP . . . AT NO COST TO YOU.
Simply CLICK THIS LINK to download your FREE instructions!
If you are still confused, give us a call, 888-598-0886.
We create brands and publish books which connect people, awaken humanity, and transform the lives of the people we reach.
To learn more about how our Branding and Publishing programs help you grow your business and better position you as the EXPERT that you are, give us call, 888-598-0886.
To schedule a MAXIMUM IMPACT phone call with Cathy, access her calendar here.