I’m pretty sure we can all agree that the last 18 months have been a bit crazy; it’s been exhausting, yet for me, also productive. My “nesting” mode kicked in and I cleaned out, sorted, tossed, and donated. No closet, drawer, nor dusty box was left untouched, and it all started with socks . . .
I’m picky about my socks. I hate saggy socks — you know the kind — where the top half around your leg no longer stays “up” which causes the rest of the sock to sneak down into your shoe and start to bunch up. As the sock tops start to sag, I pull them from the drawer, and they either get recycled into the rag bag or tossed in the trash. I tried making a dog toy out of them by knotting a couple together, but our dog didn’t even want them.
I keep a back-up bag of new socks in the back of the drawer, so I never run out (YES, I was a Girl Scout). The routine has always been to pull a new pair as I toss out the old pair. Then business got busier, and time to sort/toss socks got shorter, and I’d forget to TOSS. If I needed a new pair, I’d just pull one out. I soon noticed there was NO MORE ROOM in the drawer, and most of it was due to socks I would not wear. It was time to clean out that drawer, make for a happier sock-life, and eliminate the struggle.
ELIMINATE THE STRUGGLE
As I made my way through the house, clearing, sorting, tossing, and donating, I became very clear that struggle is pretty much caused by chaos and when you eliminate the chaos, the struggle goes away also. The “sock” soon became the file drawer in the office, the junk drawer in the kitchen, the “might need it later” boxes in the basement.
I used the acronym R.A.F.T. as my guide . . .
- R = RECYCLE that “sock” on to someone else. They may LOVE to have your sock (unless you are my dog) . . . or coat that no longer fits, or lawn chairs you no longer use. I’ve lost count of how many items I sold on Facebook this past year. If it didn’t sell in 30 days, it was donated.
- A = ACTION needed . . . whether it was a bill to be paid, a thank-you note to be written, or simply a file to be sorted, it landed in one, easily seen spot in the office, to be attended to.
- F = FRIEND . . . Sometimes the task was too large to handle by myself, so I engaged my husband to reach what I couldn’t, move heavy boxes, or load the car trunk for donation.
- T = TEAM . . . Other times, it was too big for either/both of us, and we “invited” a neighbor to help us haul something to the curb for large-item pick-up day.
CLARITY OUT OF CHAOS
Cleaning and sorting are not necessarily my favorite things to do, but during the process, “ELIMINATE THE STRUGGLE” became my favorite mantra. As I let go of all the things that weighed me down, it became clear that I was making room for greater experiences (and socks) to flow into my life.
I invite you to join me for one of our next great publishing experiences, “Clarity Out Of Chaos” — our newest anthology — scheduled to launch on October 21, 2021. If you are ready to grow your connections, gain confidence with your writing, and build a buzz for your business, let our team help you with your ONE CHAPTER contribution in our next anthology. Yes, we even help you write it!
Working with our team means “SMOOTH SAILING” for you. The sooner you join, the cheaper it is!
Give me a call. I’ll save you a spot!
CURRENTLY TAKING RESERVATIONS — Launches October 21, 2021
Get Noticed, Create New Connections,
and Build a Buzz for Your Business!
Expand your reach with a new audience of people who are looking to hire a professional . . . just like YOU. When you share your personal story, you build rapport with your reader and they are subliminally invited into your “Know, Like, and Trust” funnel — even before you officially “meet” them. Make a lasting impact for years to come as you engage with your new audience, connect with your other co-authors, and add “Bestselling Author” to your credentials!
“Clarity Out Of Chaos:
Finding Our Way When
We Can’t Always See the Path”
The “Clarity Out Of Chaos” anthology is your chance to share how you have reacted — and survived — when YOUR life, YOUR career, YOUR path has been interrupted with a U-turn, dead-end, or one-way street . . . those definite BIG BUMPS in the road of Life. My guess is that you are the one who finds a way around (or through!) these obstacles rather than letting them get the best of you and wear you down.
Top 10 reasons for writing and contributing a chapter:
- You and your business get introduced to all of the other authors and their lists of contacts!
- Your struggle and ability to overcome life’s obstacles could very well be someone’s roadmap out of darkness.
- Your humor and outlook on life become the bright spots in someone’s day.
- Your experience simplifies an intimidating “next step” and shines a light on how to step up and shine.
- Your knack for story-telling gives someone a brief escape into a wondrous new world.
- Sharing your story helps to create a stronger bond between you and the reader.
- Your life perspective brings hope and a plan for what seem to be insurmountable problems.
- Your voice matters. Sharing your wisdom may be the answer somebody needs.
- Wisdom not shared is wisdom lost forever!
- We help you write your chapter!
It was the 1950s. Ruth Bader Ginsburg graduated from Cornell University in 1954, finishing first in her class. After attending Harvard Law School as a new mom, she graduated from Columbia Law School in NY in 1959 (also first in her class). I was 3-years-old with a 13-year-old brother and a 15-year-old sister. Our mother struggled with the stigma of being a newly-single, working Mom.
In the mid-1960s I attended grade school in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Never one to be a math wiz, I remember asking my teacher for help on a math problem. After a few minutes of trying to help me, I heard the older male teacher say, “Never mind, honey – you won’t need math when you grow up. Just be sure to marry someone who can do it for you.”
In the early 1970s, we had Kent State. Watergate. Roe vs Wade. Vietnam.
The male/female roles in our society were starting to change, in spite of what my old math teacher believed. We were living in a changing world and it was a very confusing time to be a female – especially for a female teen in America.
- At age 15, I was the first female student “allowed” to take a Drafting/Architectural Drawing class in my high school.
- At age 16, after “acing” the Red Cross Lifeguard course and test, I was turned down over the phone (as in, sight-unseen) for a Summer job because, “We only hire male lifeguards.”
- At age 17, I was invited to attend Yale University, as one of the FIRST female incoming freshmen to attend that college.
I went to college (not Yale) in the mid-1970s. Little did I know, that behind the scenes was a petite female firecracker, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Attorney at Law, well on her way to making an impact on the societal landscape — busily creating the stepping-stones used by many of us to get to where we are today.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg was more than a Supreme Court Judge…she was a leading lady who left her mark on law, feminism, and everyday life. From gender equality and employment rights to the separation of church and state, RBG left her stamp of approval — or dissent — on our culture. After 27 years serving as a justice on the Supreme Court, Ruth Bader Ginsburg died on September 18, 2020. Her legacy continues through the lives that countless Americans are able to live today.
RBG took the “sting” out of “interesting” and embedded a societal INTEREST in creating a level playing field in the workplace, in finance, and in daily living. Mutual respect between males and females became a cultural undercurrent and women gained the confidence to begin standing up for themselves.
Honor yourself and women across America . . . join our tribute to
Ruth Bader Ginsberg and share YOUR story in our next anthology,
“Living My tRuth: Personal Reflections on the Impact of the RBG Legacy.”
RESERVE YOUR CHAPTER IN APRIL and save 20%!
RESERVE YOUR CHAPTER IN MAY and save 10%!
How can an anthology help me grow my business?
Our trusted, professional consultants lead you to greater clarity, confidence, and connections!
With well over 300 books, more than 500 authors and experts, worldwide, have turned to us to maximize their reach and impact through the power of publishing.
Combined with a team having decades of corporate branding and communication experience, there’s no better option to get started with publishing your own book than a chapter in an anthology run by Davis Creative Publishing Partners — they know what they are doing.
“(Cathy) created the Anthology Series business model as means of
promoting and supporting women business owners around the world.
(Her) expertise allowed us to bring our book, “The Anatomy of Accomplishment”
from concept to the bookshelf. (Her) leadership allows women everywhere an
opportunity to participate in the empowering world of entrepreneurship.”
— Erin Joy, Founder, CEO of Black Dress Circle®
“Working with you was one of the best decisions I made around getting
my book published. Immediately after publishing my book, (you) invited me
to join an anthology filled with other amazing authors and I was thrilled
to be part of the amazing “Bright Spots” book. Not being a natural author,
(you) made the entire process easy and understandable. I think I have become
addicted to writing based on my experience with (you)!”
— Connie Whitman, Whitman & Associates, LLC
Spring has Sprung and Determination is Step One
It’s Spring in St. Louis. The crocus is blooming, the birds are returning, and all are chirping in symphony with each other. I imagine their conversation to be about who gets which tree for their nest and, “How was Padre Island this winter?” or, “Did you see how big the nest is that Ruby is building this year?!”
As I watch the birds outside my office window, I’m reminded how similar the level of excitement is to the book writing process . . . whether it’s one chapter in an anthology or a collection of chapters for a full book. Watching the determination of an author writing their book is very much like watching a bird building its nest in preparation for the hatching of its eggs. As the author finds the perfect adjective or conjunctive phrase, so does the bird find the perfect bit of straw or string to bind everything together. As the hatchlings emerge, life awaits, and they have three choices in front of them.
CRY, TRY, or FLY!
Publishing their book has been known to make grown authors CRY, TRY or FLY!
- CRY. You are determined to go the Traditional Publisher route and spend 18 months searching for the perfect agent. If you are lucky enough to find an agent, they can’t find a traditional publisher to accept your manuscript.
- TRY. Frustrated, you decide to “DO IT BY MYSELF”! You step into the unknown buyer BE-AWARE world of DIY. You read every article you can find and attend every free webinar offered on the planet. Your brain is set to explode and your anxiety peaks as you start to receive offers from total strangers to “publish” your book. Panic settles in and you decide to do nothing because you are not sure which path is the right path.
- FLY! Panic soon turns to peace as you are introduced to the concept of Author-Assisted Self-Publishing. A seasoned professional takes you under their wing, explains the options which benefit you the most, and answers the confusing questions for you. You get to keep all your royalties and profits, get to shine in the spotlight, and they do all the work for you.
As a hatchling in the world of publishing, you have choices. Publishing your book does not have to be a struggle. The choices you make today determine the positive (or negative) outcome of your book. Choose to work with people who know what they are doing.
FOLLOW THE LEAD OF OVER 500 AUTHORS.
If you’d like to learn more about your publishing choices — from traditional, to DIY, to author-assisted — download our free Publishing Options Guide HERE.
If you’d like to schedule time to learn more about Author-Assisted Self-Publishing, please schedule time on Cathy’s calendar HERE.
IT’S NOT ABOUT HOW WELL YOUR BOOK SELLS.
IT’S ALL ABOUT HOW WELL YOUR BOOK SELLS YOU!©
The “Living My tRuth: Personal Reflections on the Impact of the RBG Legacy” anthology is your chance to share how YOUR career, YOUR life, YOUR future has been affected by the legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsberg.
In her 87 and-a-half years, Ruth Bader Ginsburg left a significant mark on law, on feminism, and later in life, on culture. She also left a significant mark on everyday life in America, helping to broaden the definition of “family” and the types of jobs women AND men are able to take. Her legacy is, in a way, the lives that countless Americans are able to live today.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg was more than a Supreme Court Judge…she was a leading lady who left her mark on law, feminism, and everyday life.
You Can Thank Ruth If You Have . . .
- Obtained a mortgage without a male cosigner
- Opened a checking account without a male co-signer
- Started a business without a male co-signer
- Gotten a credit card without a male co-signer
- Obtained a business loan without a male co-signer
- Been hired for a job without gender-based discrimination
- Obtained birth control without your husband’s permission
- Not been forced to provide proof of sterilization in order to apply for or retain employment
- Received pension benefits equal to male co-workers
- Received equal consideration to be an executor of your child’s estate
Ruth left an amazing legacy . . . empowering women along the way. Join us in honoring Ruth by sharing your voice and writing one chapter about how your life, or someone you know, has been impacted by her life-time contributions.
“(Cathy) created the Anthology Series business model as means of promoting and supporting women business owners around the world. (Her) expertise allowed us to bring our book, “The Anatomy of Accomplishment” from concept to the bookshelf. (Her) leadership allows women everywhere an opportunity to participate in the empowering world of entrepreneurship.”
– Erin Joy, Founder, CEO of Black Dress Circle®
RESERVE YOUR CHAPTER NOW AT EARLY-BIRD PRICING
ONLY $797 THROUGH FEBRUARY 28, 2021.
Authors like to sell books.
It’s that simple.
Join us Thursday, October 22nd at 11:30 am CST, as Cathy interviews Keri Barnum of NewShelves Books — we’ll be discussing how to get your books into bookstores and libraries.
Many Independent bookstores are doing good business right now due to community support. We also hear that more chain bookstores like Barnes & Noble are starting to open back up as well. We’ve been keeping in touch with our bookstore contacts and they say NOW is the perfect time to sell your books into bookstores.
Bring questions, we’ll have answers!
WE CREATE EXPERTS.
Have you been thinking about writing a book, but not sure where to start?
Start with one chapter in our next compilation anthology, “Engaging Experts,” and become a Bestselling Author at a much lower price point. We launch on January 27, 2021!
It’s a WHOLE NEW WORLD out there for speakers, trainers, consultants, and experts.
Major organizations, non-profits, and small business owners typically hire you to help motivate employees, maximize sales, and create new relationships for generating business growth. Although we’ve all come to know and love ZOOM, our ever-changing world has made it even more difficult to reach these existing and potential new clients.
The power of publishing provides the opportunity to position you as the EXPERT, help you get noticed, and ensure you stay top-of-mind!
We are excited to share that our new book, “Bright Spots: Motivation and Inspiration to Light Your Path in a Changing World” is now available on Amazon for only $1 USD for the next 24-48 hours!
We are offering this special rate in honor of the book’s release. Please help us share this out so we can reach as many people as possible.
We’ve gathered 40 authors from around the globe, each sharing their individual light. This book offers a moment of hope, a glimmer of relief, and a chance to regain your sense of balance in the world . . . a chance to recognize that you too, can be a Bright Spot in someone else’s life.
100% of today’s sales will be donated to https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/ Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to address global issues concerning Girls & Women, Health, Environment, Hunger, Education, Finance & Innovation, Citizenship, and Water & Sanitization.
PLEASE BUY YOUR COPY TODAY
. . . and help us create positive ripples around the world,
one Bright Spot at a time!
If you are currently living outside of the US, and wish to purchase a copy today,
please visit our Davis Creative Publishing Partners Facebook Page to find the
Global Amazon links for your respective country.
IMAGINE THE THRILL OF ADDING “BESTSELLING AUTHOR”
TO YOUR LIST OF CREDENTIALS!
If you’ve been thinking about writing a book, but are not sure where to start, start with one chapter in our next anthology! We have TWO coming up during the first half of 2021, and would LOVE to save you a spot . . .
- JANUARY 2021 LAUNCH— Engaging Experts: Your Guide to the People and Connections You Need to Go from Ordinary to Extraordinary
- APRIL 2021 LAUNCH— Living My tRuth: Personal Reflections on the Impact of the RBG Legacy
It’s a WHOLE NEW WORLD out there for speakers, trainers, consultants, and experts. As a member of my local NSA (National Speaker’s Association) group, I know what it’s like to have had SIX speaking gigs canceled during the first half of 2020.
Major organizations, non-profits, and small business owners would typically hire experts to help them motivate employees, maximize sales, and create new relationships to help generate business growth. Although we’ve all come to know and love ZOOM, our ever-changing world has made it even more difficult to reach these existing and potential new clients.
The power of publishing provides the opportunity to stand out, get noticed, and stay top-of-mind!
If you’ve been thinking about writing a book but aren’t sure where to start, start with ONE chapter in the “Engaging Experts” Anthology!
Maximize Your Impact & Reduce Expenses Through Collaboration
TAKE A TIP-TOE INTO THE PUBLISHING POND.
An anthology is simply a collection of essays with a common theme, providing you the chance to be a published author — without the financial expense or time involved in writing an entire book on your own. Through the process of collaboration, more people learn about you and your unique offerings, at a greatly reduced price.
“BUT . . . What would I write about?”
Readers LOVE stories.
Potential clients love hearing about how you have helped someone else find solutions and solve problems. What does your potential client wake up in the middle of the night worried about? Share a story that SOLVES THOSE PROBLEMS and you are on your way to creating a relationship with that new client!
Attract More Clients, Help More People, and Monetize Your Passion
POSITION YOURSELF AS THE EXPERT.
As a contributing author to the anthology, you’ll spread your message and share your unique offerings through your own individual chapter, allowing you to expand your “tribe” and inspire others. A professionally published book helps you engage a larger audience and build your “tribe.”
- Establish Your Credibility
- Inspire More People
- Project a Professional Image
- Develop Greater Visibility
- Attract, Retain and Solidify Your Client Base
ONLY $697 each chapter!
Bring A Friend (BAF) and Save . . .
Invite a friend and you both save $97 each!
Contact Cathy to reserve your chapter and access your BAF discount!
firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-598-0886
Our Director of Barketing, Chewy (short for Mr. Happy Chewbacca Davis), has an overly particular palette, a definite penchant for fluffy sleeping arrangements, and a highly personal preference for his two favorite GRAND buds, who (in his opinion) never visit quite enough.
His two GRAND buds love to read, and Chewy has selected these three books by Missouri author, Robert U. Montgomery, for them to read to HIM the next time they get to visit . . .
Author Robert U. Montgomery loves nature and teaching. Those passions are reflected in most of his works, including his series of illustrated children’s books, Who Let the Bugs Out?, Who Let the Frogs Out?, and more recently published, Who Let the Dinosaurs Out? These nature-inspired mysteries teach young readers about nature, encouraging them to go outside and explore it on their own. Each book features a young boy, Bobby, and ends with a positive life-lesson learned by Bobby and his friends.
Other children’s book titles by Montgomery include Fish, Frogs, and Fireflies: Growing up with Nature, Pippa’s Journey: Tail-Wagging Tales of Rescue Dogs, and Under the Bed: Tales from an Innocent Childhood.
The award-winning author’s short stories and nature photos have been published in both adult and children’s publications, including Boy’s Life. He also has written three books about fishing and two eco-thriller novels, Revenge of the Wolf and Return of the Wolf.
Montgomery lives in the Missouri Ozarks with his rescue dog Pippa.
For more information about how we can help you find an illustrator and publish your children’s book, reach out to us HERE.
As our immediate neighborhood and region remain in quarantine and we continue to shelter in place, I recognize the irony of getting to know my neighbors better – even if it is only carrying on a conversation across a driveway or shouting, “Good Morning” across the street. People are missing their work community and starting to more readily embrace their actual “neighborhood” community.
At Davis Creative Publishing Partners, we take pride in our community of Inspiring Authors who have reached out to us over the years. If you’ve been thinking about writing a book, but may not know where to start, we can help.
Now is the time to take action and make a professional statement. Find out how the power of publishing can help you look good, get noticed, and grow your business . . .
We offer several FREE options and low price-point programs to help you . . .
- FREE 30-minute Maximum Impact Conversations. Connect to Cathy’s calendar HERE to schedule time to talk and ask questions about self-publishing. Whatever is on your mind. You do not need to be an existing client.
- FREE Pop-Up Publishing Q&A: Join us via ZOOM, the second Tuesday, 11:30 am central, for Q&A. Bring questions, we’ll have answers! Register HERE.
- FREE Inspiring Authors Lunch & Learn: Have lunch at your desk (or on your deck) on the fourth Thursday of every month, 11:30 am. Join me via ZOOM as Cathy interviews authors and industry experts on ways to help monetize your book. Register HERE.
- Ready to tip-toe into the world of publishing? Write a single chapter in our next anthology and share the cost of publishing through the power of collaboration with other authors. Currently accepting a FEW more chapters through August 15th for “BRIGHT SPOTS“ (click link to learn more).
- Payment plans, mini deposits, deferred payments, installment plans, and potential barter arrangements. Email Cathy for more info.
As your Publishing Partner, we’d love to welcome you into our community of Inspiring Authors. Our job is to make the process easier and less stressful for you. We take the mystery out of self-publishing, help you avoid the pitfalls, and guarantee your book will not look self-published . . . but, it WILL rival the professional impact of any of the top 6 traditional publishers.
Got questions? Reach out.